Nelson & Ward is committed to maintaining customer confidentiality. Our privacy practices for you as a result of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley (GLB) Act are as follows:
- As part of our insurance business, we obtain certain non-public personal information. This kind of information includes all information on Automobile, Homeowner or Umbrella applications that include names, addresses, social security numbers, payments, policy and claim history, credit history, motor vehicle reports.
- We do not sell customer information.
- We deal only with reputable insurance companies or reputable brokers who protect the confidentiality of our customer information.
- We restrict access to the information, to a need to know the data in order to provide the requested products.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in order to protect the information.
- We do not disclose your information to anyone except as permitted by law.
- We afford prospective and former customers the same protection as existing customers regarding the use of personal information.
- We limit access to your personal information to employees and others with a valid business need for the information.
- We hold our employees responsible for upholding our privacy standards.
- We are permitted by the law to share this information with companies that perform marketing services including insurance companies and insurance service providers.